The United States Mission has announced the expansion of its visa services to assist non-immigrant visa applicants in Nigeria who qualify to renew their visa.
“The number of qualified applicants who can apply using the new procedures will be limited initially,” the mission said in a statement on Tuesday.
How to apply for the no-interview visa renewal
· Your previous visa was issued in Nigeria;
· Your previous visa is in the same classification as your current application;
· Your previous visa was a full validity, multiple entry visa;
· Your previous visa expired within the last 24 months or will expire in the next 3 months from the date of application;
· You have all your passports covering the entire period since receiving the previous visa and the passport with the most recent visa;
· You have never been arrested or convicted of any crime or offense in the United States, even if you later received a waiver or pardon; and
· You have never worked without authorization or remained beyond your permitted time in the United States.
To start application
If you are qualified based on the above criteria, visit the official portal to start your application.
Please note that processing times for the program are expected to be up to two months and you will not be able to retrieve your passport during that time.
Each applicant must individually meet the criteria; minors can apply without an interview only if they meet the eligibility criteria on their own.
If you have a life-or-death emergency, you may request an expedited, in-person interview, however, to accommodate No-Interview Visa Renewals, appointments will be very limited.
Business travel, conferences, weddings, and graduations are not considered emergencies. If you have an emergency and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at the official website or +234-1-227-8955 to request an emergency appointment.
Third parties unaffiliated with U.S. Embassy Abuja and Consulate General Lagos may seek to take advantage of various visa services to target visa applicants with fraudulent offers or claims.
Applicants should fill out their own forms and make their appointments themselves via the official websites.
As future opportunities for Interview Waiver appointments become available, they will be communicated via the website.