A 28-year-old divorcee, Bilkisu Aminu, has dragged her ex-husband, Muhammad Jibril, to a Sharia Court sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna over his denial of her pregnancy.
Aminu, who resides in Benin Street, Kaduna, told the court that she got married to the defendant for three months before they were divorced.
She said: “He divorced me on February 6, but after few days at home, I went to a private hospital and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant.
“I called Jibril to inform him of the pregnancy; he told me that he will visit me, which he never did.”
Jibril, 32, who resides in Zaria Road, Kaduna, told the court that he is not responsible for the pregnancy.
He said he had no sex with his divorced wife for over two months of their three months marriage.
“We had series of misunderstanding within the few months of our marriage, we did not have sex at all, while in the third month of our marriage I divorced her,” he said.
The judge, Musa Sa’ad-Gona, ordered them to visit the hospital to ascertain if she is really pregnant and adjourned the case until Tuesday for further hearing.
More in Lifestyle
- “Only the floor was spared”, ex-Lawmaker Whose house was looted speaks
- Reactions Trail Dressing Codes Released For Polytechnic Students
- Nigerian Policewoman Bags UN Officer of The Year Award
- 11-year-old Boy Arrested in Edo Over Attack on Police Station Released
- Video: Two Protesters Who Sustained Gun shot Injuries at Lekki Toll Gate Shared Their Experience
- Video: Moment Lagos Judicial Panel Inspect Military Hospital in Lagos
- Lagos Panel of Inquiry Discovers Five Bullet Shells at Lekki Toll Gate (Photos)